Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Movie: Iron Man 2



Last night, after having this movie on hold for forever it seems, it finally came in from the library. It felt like ages since I'd seen the first one (which I really liked) so I hoped I could jump right into this one--and I did. It was good, but not as good as the first one.

We again see Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper, but we also get Scarlett Johansson as an undercover lawyer-type--who looks like a cartoon version of herself (perhaps on purpose?)--who is Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Colonel Nick Fury the leader of The Avengersin cahoots with Black Widow, and Mickey Rourke as an evil Russian terrorist sort/Whiplash.

Tony has to find a replacement element for the device in his chest that's keeping him alive--he works with the Avengers group on this and to fight Whiplash. It ends with a hint at another movie involving more Marvel characters.

I think RDJ does a really good job; I even found myself crushing on him a little bit, which happened in the first movie too, actually. I'm definitely looking forward to the next movie in this installment. I'm glad I watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment