Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Movie: Inception


I had heard great reviews for Inception so I convinced my husband to go see it (with the agreement that he could go online on his phone if he got bored--IF there wasn't anyone sitting near us). So we went and um.....yeah.

I was a fan of Leo back in the Romeo and Juliet and Titanic days, so seeing him all grown up and heavier was kind of blah for me. But I've seen previews of other movies where he looked even heavier than in this movie--so I guess I shouldn't complain. Plus, he was fine in this.

I guess my biggest thing was that it was sort of confusing: a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream (I think that's enough dreams--I may be forgetting one). And the special effects were good too, but not like orgasmically good or anything. It just sort of reminded me of the Matrix movies in terms of visual effects. And that girl from that high school pregnant girl movie wasn't that great--at least to me. She just seemed unbelievable in every aspect of her character; she still looks high-school aged and we're to believe that she's a serious architect student at the top of her class, able to grasp the whole maze of dreams thing and blah blah blah...just no.

So, I guess you should go see it if you want to see what all the hype is about, but it's probably not worth it. Get it on Netflix or something and see something else instead.

I give it 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment